109 thoughts on “Card Project

1. My boss found this card at our restaurant this week. She found it under our reservation book, so someone did a great job hiding it 🙂 We as a staff joined in the ALS ice bucket challenge last year, and also challenged our sister location to do it as well. Great and fun idea to spread awareness. This card was found at Steak & Stein family restaurant in Halifax N.S. Canada. 🙂

2. I found a card in Centennial Hall at the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse! I will leave it somewhere where it will be found

3. I found a card at my OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute) class in Champaign, Illinois, on 9/24/15, and left it in a good spot that same day.

4. I found your card in Champaign, Illinois and I was touched by your story and your insight. I feel that it is deeply fulfilling to impact someone’s life and that is what you are doing by sharing your positive attitude and beautiful words. Peace and blessings as you continue your journey…

5. Found the card in a restaurant in Champaign, carried it with me to the Pacific Northwest, so I hope that you’ll get some good wishes from here when I leave it somewhere! I admire you, Peter, and the love that your family has for you.

6. Hi, Michael, Sorry, but I had a memory lapse (hopefully due to time zone changes as I traveled from Illinois to here) and addressed you as “Peter.” The best wishes are the same, and I apologize for the error!

Sue Kieffer

7. Found this card in the hallway of my floor (I go to BU). I picked it up and came here. I think it’s inspiring the way you and your brother are dealing with his illness. I hope he gets proper treatment so his life can be as comfortable as possible.

8. I found the card in Terminal 3 at Ohare airport in Chicago on my way to Phoenix Arizona for Thanksgiving. Put it in my backpack and forgot to leave it when we landed so my mother is going to bring it to NH when she goes to get my grandmother for Christmas. My whole family did ice bucket challenges and sent money to ALS. We hope lots of people find cards, it made me feel special and hopefully I can convince people to visit your site and keep ALS on people’s minds so we can find a cure someday. Peace

9. I found your card at Prairie Gardens in Champaign, IL. Will be passing your card along…thank you for letting me be apart of spreading such a powerful and inspirational message to raise awareness.

10. I found your card on my bedside table on Christmas day. My wife and I had an open house for family and friends and among those attending were Michael’s sister Kathy and her very close childhood friend, my sister-in-law Maura, and her husband (my brother Richard). One of them left the card. We have been with Michael on Cape Cod the past few summers when our son Aaron ran in the Falmouth Road race and raised funds for CCALS to get his bib. We are inspired by Michael’s tenaciousness and grateful to be included in this project to spread awareness of dealing with ALS.

11. I found this card at the Old South Church in Boston while attending candlelight carols by the Boston Choral Ensemble. I wish you well!

12. My Mother found one of these beautiful cards today at a hotel in Vieques, Puerto Rico while she was working! We are very proud about the inspiration these cards transmit. Go on! We will passing it!:)

13. My Mother found one of these beautiful cards today at a hotel in Vieques, Puerto Rico while she was working! We are very proud about the inspiration these cards transmit. Go on! We will keep passing it 🙂

14. I am a nurse manager at UH Conneaut Medical Center in Conneaut, Ohio. We are approximately 60 miles east of Cleveland with Lake Erie to our north and Pennsylvania to our east. Your quote “there is only one age – ALIVE” is inspiring and this project has deeply touched me. Thank you for being you…I wish you well.

15. We found a card at the University of Illinois and left it in the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. What a great advocacy and teaching tool!

16. I found this card at Parkland…So touching! Im going to find another special place to leave it to spread awareness and you story

17. I found this lovely card on our family’s road trip home at Pagosa Baking Co. in Pagosa Springs, CO! Can’t wait to leave it in the next place!

18. My wife just found your card in the Admirals Club at the Denver Airport. What a wonderful celebration of life. We lost my brother to ALS two years ago, and I was blessed to be able to be at his side the last two weeks of his amazing life. Our heart is with you and your family. Thank you for starting the card chain so we can be a small part of your journey. God bless.

19. My brother found it in an airport in Denver, CO and brought it to me — Clinton, Mississippi. We lost a beloved brother to ALS two years ago.

20. We found this card at Abbott’s Florist in Champaign and the beautiful quote and story touched all of us. What a beautiful and inspiring idea. Thank you to whomever left it for us to find.

21. Hi I was so surprised to find the card and envelope today 20/9/2016 all the way over here in London pocked into a little alcove at Kensington Palace. I wish you and all sufferers of ALS Gods Blessings and hope you can keep strong.

I am returning home to Melbourne Australia tomorrow so stay tuned on where the card may turn up next. I might treasure it for a little while until I go somewhere interesting. Xx Anne

22. Havng read this I thought it was extremely enlightening. I appreciate you finding the time aand energy to put this information together.
    I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

23. We found your card at the Whitney Museum in New York City on December 28th, 2016. What an amazing place to see art and find such a beautiful card. It was a perfect surprise. Best wishes. Good luck.